Here are 13 amazing healing powers of lemons:
- Bowel-Cleansing: The bitter taste of lemon gives these fruit the ability to increase peristalsis–a pumping-motion in the bowels–which helps to eliminate waste from the bowels and improve regularity. Add the juice of one lemon to warm alkaline 9.5pH water and drink first thing in the morning. You can also add mineral salts to increase the efficacy of bowel cleansing. Add 1 to 3 teaspoons in a glass of alkaline lemon water.
- Cancer: Lemons contain 22 anti-cancerous or anti-acid compounds, including limonene—a naturally-occurring oil that slows, halts and buffers the acids that breakdown healthy tissue causing the formation of cancerous tumors in animals. Lemons also contain a substance called flavonol glycosides which stop the acids that spoil healthy cells causing a domino effect which creates more cancerous cells.
- Colds and Flu: Lemons are rich in vitamin C and flavonoids that work in conjunction for a serious punch against the dietary and metabolic acids that cause the body to eliminate these toxins through the bowels, the pores of the skin, urinary tract and sinuses by inducing a fever or creating a so-called cold.
- Liver: Fresh lemon juice added to a large glass of water in the morning is a great liver detoxifier. You can also drink 1 liter of salt water at 6pm adding 3 tablespoons of epsom salts and then at 9pm drink 1 liter of 500ml of lemon fresh juice with 500ml of cold pressed olive oil. You then go to be and sleep on you right side.
- Nutrition: Lemons contain vitamin C, flavonoids, B-complex vitamins, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and fiber which help to maintain the alkaline design of the body.
- Balances Body Chemistry: While lemons are acidic at a pH of 3.5 they contain an alkalizing compound of potassium bicarbonate which interacts with the body’s metabolic acids to have an alkalizing effect on the bodily fluids helping to contribute to a balanced alkaline body pH.